Our Client is an innovative medical device company which focuses on the research and development, manufacturing and commercialisation of a ground-breaking device for the management of diabetes. They sell the smallest and lightest insulin pump system currently available. It is designed to help people with diabetes live life on their own terms: This insulin pump aims to reduce the impact that diabetes can have on daily life.
The company is setting its sights on expanding insulin pump usage by appealing to both first time and experienced insulin pump users in the Netherlands and the UK. At the same time, they are preparing for expanding into other EU territories in the coming months, and the US in 2022 and beyond. Our Client currently employs over 70 people.
Since the importance of customer service in the insulin pump industry is very high and our track record of quality service is a real differentiator, we’re seeking an experienced, hands-on Customer Care Manager to join our team in Utrecht. Reporting directly to the VP of Commercial you will be responsible for developing and managing our customer care team, and support systems, processes and strategies to ensure these personify our product brand values and facilitate the legal and regulatory controls required of a medical device. Key responsibilities will also include:
- Establishing and managing processes and KPIs.
- Design, implement and maintain customer care processes and procedures, recognising a multiple tiered customer basis including territories with outsourced customer care as well as end users, payers and healthcare professionals
- Analyze customer service related information and evaluate the results to choose the best resolutions and alternatives to customer service challenges; identify opportunities to improve customer service beyond problem resolution and effecting those improvements.
- Support efficient customer order fulfilment by liaising with key stakeholders to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Liaise with other Managers to effectively establish and manage customer care and support systems, processes and strategies.
- Develop and maintain excellent ethical customer relationships, as well as product knowledge and market insight to ensure a positive customer experience and gain greater market share and identification in the Netherlands, UK and future territories.
- Pro-actively identify and respond to customer needs, liaising with and supporting coordination between sales, manufacturing, quality, training and other key stakeholders as applicable to ensure a high quality, on-brand and consistent customer care.
- Liaise with the Education & Training Manager, Country Managers and Trainers as applicable to communicate potential customer training requirements identified by the Customer Care team.
- Ensuring all customer queries, including those via a third party provider, are answered in a responsible, accurate way considering customer safety and regulatory requirements
- Developing and reporting on customer service performance metrics and insight data.
- Motivate, manage and develop the Customer Care team.
- Ensure consistent staffing levels and sufficient technical facilities to maintain excellent customer care.
- Ensure all customer care processes are compliant with legal and regulatory requirements, particularly data protection requirements.
- Participating on out of office schedule to facilitate 24h customer service and lead the Customer Care team by example.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of experience in people management in call center/customer care environment with a proven track record of delivering excellent customer care
- A proven track record of building strong teams, coaching & developing employees
- In-depth knowledge of customer service software, databases and CRM tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the medical devices/ pharma/ MedTech/ highly regulated industry.
- Credible with excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills. Able to communicate with ease at different levels & cross functional teams
- Effective stakeholder management based on ability to work with organizational decision makers (internal/external) and excellent presentation skills
- Organized, systematic, logical thinker, strong business acumen
- Skilled in leading and mentoring staff through influence rather than position power to achieve significant results
- Strong professional ethics and integrity, sound judgment and the ability to take decisive action
- Solution focused with a high level of self-motivation, drive and tenacity
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English, written and verbal
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Diabetes sector experience
- Salesforce.com knowledge
- German language skills.