Account Manager Medical Devices
Our Client is looking for an Account Manager to cover the regions: Noord & Zuid Holland. As a Sales account manager, you will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with customers, overseeing sales and achieving commercial targets set by the company. You will work to satisfy our customers’ needs and requests, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience. In this field-based role, reporting to the Sales Manager Benelux.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success
- Set and track sales account targets, aligned with company objectives
- Develop a territory plan to prioritise activity and focus to meet commercial targets
- Develop positive relationships with clients
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers individual needs
- Generate new business using existing and potential customer networks
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
- Report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Monitor sales metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Play an active role within the team by providing market and competitor intelligence, feedback on local trends and working towards agreed objectives with the Regional Sales Manager
- Attendance at both internal and external meetings, workshops and exhibitions as required, which may include some out of hours working from time to time
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth.
- A proven, consistent and successful medical devices sales / training track record with demonstrable Account Management skills
- Ability to learn and understand complex clinical product knowledge and clinical data
- Must be self-motivated to drive ideas and develop business opportunities
- Ability to identify business opportunities and the ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to work independently with a high competency in time management
- Able to build and maintain strong business and customer relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound presentation skills in order to educate and demonstrate products to a variety of clinical audiences
- A thorough understanding of procurement channels and purchasing structures
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in Microsoft Office packages and CRM systems
- Qualifications & experience
- Education: Nursing background or related – with Operating Room (OR) or Intensive Care Unit (ICU) experience
- Languages: English, Dutch both oral and written, is a must.
Utrecht, Noord-Holland, Zuid-Holland
T: +31 6 4498 4296